FUN FACTS ABOUT HOLLAND
or as it is known to its friends, by the nickname, Netherlands
First, here is a song about Holland written after a visit by one modern explorer:
"I LIKE THIS PLACE"
- The Dutch learn English by watching subtitled reruns of the A-Team (No really! "actually it's quite popular.")
- The wienerschnitzel served at the Schiller Hotel in Rembrandt square in Holland uses a different voltage than the chicken fried steak at Love and War Restaurant in Plano, Texas. (You can eat them at both but you must buy a converter.)
- There is no water in toilet bowl until after you have shit.
- Coffee shop is weed shop.
- Wooden shoes are just the beginning. Wooden pants are actually quite popular. Though splinters are common and often debilitating. (Much to the dismay of Lionel Richie when he released "Dancing on the Dike in Wooden Pants")
- Yes, then when Mr T sang it, it was actually quite popular. "Murdoch played bass." Yes, he did very well. I like this bass.
NEXT WEEK- FUN FACTS ABOUT OTHER EURO COUNTRIES
The taquito: not welcome in Spain!